The Kankakee Mayor claims your ComEd bill decreased 48% (read it here) because of her leadership.
Last fall, the City of Kankakee changed to a different electricity supplier, FirstEnergy Solutions.
Any fourth grader can tell you the 48% math isn’t possible. On average, your total bill for the same kilowatt hours will run about 25-35 percent less. Continue reading »
Comment on this story »
Posted by kankakeegazette.com staff Jan 13, 2012, Updated June 16, 2012
Considering changing to FirstEnergy Solutions Corp., the City of Kankakee’s choice for electric supplier?
Get the information you need to make an informed decision:
- Read the signed contract between the City of Kankakee and FirstEnergy Solutions Corp. (obtained by FOIA request)
- Read about the consultant Kankakee hired: Northern Illinois Municipal Electric Collaborative (NIMEC) hired. Read what other Illinois Mayors and administrators have to say about them.
- Review your current contracts made by Kankakee government on your behalf.
Are you happy with the way the City is handling your garbage, water, sewer, public works, electronic recycling?
Is the City of Kankakee passing savings to you now?
How can I obtain my own retail electric supplier and manage my own electricity?
- No contracts were found on the City of Kankakee website
- See how the City of Wilmette, IL, population 27,628, posts their contracts.
- See how the City of Carbondale, population 25,092, posts their online check registry.